Trying to remove a PHP script from a cold fusion site by replacing it with a simple CF query.

Current PHP file puts a crc32 value into an int(10) field in MySQL 4.1.13

Trying to do this with CF, nothing fancy. Basic SQL statement.

Example:

        INSERT INTO exampleTable
        (domain_checksum)
        VALUES (crc32('127.0.0.1'))

I then get this error: Data truncation: Out of range value adjusted for column 'domain_checksum' at row 1

But the data looks correct. For example, the value for 127.0.0.1 is generated as 3619153832

If I try to insert the values directly into MySQL, no problem. But using a standard CFQUERY produces an error.

Derrick Peavy
derr...@derrickpeavy.com
404-786-5036

“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” -Steve Jobs