From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Charlie Arehart
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:50 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Getting Connection Refused

Brooks, do you mean you were "reading *that* CF caches DNS entries"? Yes,
that's so. And while there doesn't seem to be a way to clear it (other than to
restart CF), there is a way to control how long it's set to live. For more, see
these blog entries (one really old, one relatively old):

http://tjordahl.blogspot.com/2004/10/cfmx-and-dns-caching.html
http://coldfused.blogspot.com/2008/01/dns-lookup-caching-in-coldfusionjava.html

And the following more generic resources:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/properties.html#nct
http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0445.html
http://serverfault.com/questions/459814/clearing-tomcats-dns-cache

Hope that helps.