On 16/10/2019 08:21, Dr. Michael Stehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 16.10.19 um 09:06 schrieb Jean Louis:
>
>> I would not bash them for that, but then we shall promote free
>> software philosophy without politics.
>
> IMO that is not possible.
>
> May be one thinks, (s)he can promote "open source philosophy" without
> politics, but not Free Software philosophy.
>
> Promoting freedom has necessarily political implications.

When Kirschner asserts[1] that free software and open source are the
same thing, he appears to be demoting and subverting the philosophy,
denying it is important, maybe even ridiculing it.  It is like diluting
fuel with methanol or some other cheaper substance.

In a free world, he is free to talk about open source and his own
philosophy.  As my new blog post asserts[2], I'm not keen on censoring
people.

When he uses the FSF*derivative name and his title to demote the
philosophy, that is rather unpleasant.  People see the FSF* name and
some think it represents the same philosophy as FSF.

Doing a combination of changes to an organization's constitution and
doing them at this particular point in time would also be a calculated
insult to the founder of the movement.  Kicking a volunteer while he is
down.  It is a particularly nasty type of organization that harasses
volunteers even after they have resigned.

It only adds weight to the assertion that FSFE is an organization
founded on a grudge, not on the Free Software philosophy.

If you add up their financial disclosures, you find they raised
approximately €3 million in the last 15 years using the FSF* name, a
name taken from the person they are insulting.  How could they be more
ungrateful?

Regards,

Daniel

1.