For spam/virus filtering at the firewall level, I personally have used a
combination of amavisd-new+spamassassin+clamav+postfix, I've also used
postfix+dspam, for those who don't host a mail server, you can use
p3scan+spamassassin(or dspam)+clamav to do transparent pop3 scanning.  Also,
I *believe* mailscanner can be used on a filtering gateway.

For http traffic, I prefer squid+various redirectors.  There are several
antivirus-scanner tie-ins for squid redirectors, some of them work better
than others.  I have not personally used HAVP so I can't speak to its
effectiveness.

And then as far as content filtering (blocking objectionable material like
porn), most of them are squid redirectors (i.e.: squidGuard, dansguardian,
squirm, soulcatcher, etc.).  The company I work for is in the
content-filtering business so I've looked at just about every one in
existence.  Most of them work pretty much the same way and they all have
their advantages and drawbacks.  Unfortunately, most software that falls
into this category is either commercial, or an inactive project.

-Gary

PS: Most of the AV companies like to license by the number of computers or
seats.  I've not really seen a compelling reason to move away from clamav,
but others may have different viewpoints.