I've been reading silently this thread until now. Well, I don't want
to contribute to flames, so please consider my opinions just as humble
wishes.

In case you are curious, I'm using pfSense on my company. We have just
started to make pfSense installations to our own clients.

Speaking for myself, I also like m0n0wall theme far more than
pfSense's one, but the theme I would really prefer is a clean, XHTML &
CSS validated theme, and it would be very valuable for us at least
WAI-AA conformance on the user interface.

Yes, I know making a theme like this does take a great deal of work
and time; I would prefer to have less features and WAI-AA conformance,
but I think this is not the common feeling, so I don't have too much
hope for my wishes ;-)