Too much reading.

*PLONK*

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Woodard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 22 June 2006 1:30 p.m.
To: discussion@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense-discussion] artwork

I'm sure I will be criticized for being "old fashioned" or something but
I was under the impression that we could have discussions on this list
without being so strong with our language. I realize that it is probably
prevalent in all our lives but I don't see where the need presents
itself to use it here. If you are frustrated with something I suggest
the "#*$*@" approach. We all know what you mean and it's "kid-friendly" :-)

If anyone is still reading this and cares my opinion I believe that both
Eugen and Scott made some mistakes in this. Eugen should have obviously
chosen his words more carefully as it was basically walking into
someone's house and slamming everything they had worked on. It just
doesn't sit well with people, including myself. If he didn't like the
interface he should have simply stated that and also provided his
reasoning in a little more diplomatic and specific way. A "bug" in my
thinking is when something has a flaw or a kink in the workings that
should be fixed. To say this about a whole interface that someone worked
on is, like Bill said, very inflammatory and Eugen should have been more
tactful and mature in this.

And although I can understand the rush to battle stations on a comment
like that, Scott, you should have slightly less mean and just left it
with an apology is in order. If he filed a bug report about it, mark it
as low priority and say we have plenty of other things to do. Someone
told me once that if your nice to someone usually that one person knows,
if your mean to someone then they tell 10 people. I enjoy this project
very much and, although its very very small I'm glad that a suggestion
that I made was placed in the project (startup/shutdown beeps). I don't
want it to get a wrongly earned reputation that we are a bunch of stuck
up geeks that some projects have. Please forgive me if you disagree, I
mean no harm. :-)

I love the interface and I tried m0n0wall for about 6 months before I
found PFsense. As long as the interface is functional and I learn where
and how to do and use it, I'm happy... and I'm happy with this one.

Let's move on now people.....COME ON, BIG GROUP HUG!!! ...lol

Jonathan