On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 4:42 AM, Jan Hoevers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chris Buechler wrote on 21-3-2008 23:22:
>
> > For 1.3, Ermal has done a nice job completely rewriting the traffic
>  > shaper to accommodate these kinds of situations and more. The traffic
>  > shaper in 1.2 only works properly with two interface setups (LAN and WAN).
>
>  Right now I'm running traffic shaping on an extra pfSense box, just to
>  avoid this multi interface issue. Planning to move away to a bare
>  FreeBSD/PF/ALTQ setup because of this, would prefer to stay with pfSense
>  however.
>  Do you have any clue when the new features become available?

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,2718.0.html
Take a look there is a bounty in there which explains the details and
how you can get it before 1.3.(You may want to skip the first pages
though, it is rather large thread).

>  One suggestion: give us an option to bypass this annoying traffic
>  shaping wizard. I know it's possible to delete the generated setup once
>  the wizard has completed, but that's not really nice for those who
>  cannot use the standard setup.
It is not anymore fired by default since now there are multiple wizards.

>  Another suggestion: it would make a real difference if it were possible
>  to make rules without specifying *both* the incoming and outgoing
>  interface. ALTQ has that option, so perhaps you are planning that already.
Yes, on the new version you specify queues on specific rules, as you
do on FreeBSD/PF/ALTQ, you create on the firewall->rules tab. There is
no more a rule tab at the traffic shaper config.

Ermal