Bill Marquette wrote on 23-3-2008 18:52:
Seeing as how the feature is targeted for 1.3 and we don't have public
1.3 test images (hello, we JUST released 1.2) yet, it will be
difficult for those that have donated to the feature to test that it's
actually been done right.  The easiest way for Ermal to get the
feedback from those that are financially interested in the feature is
to provide a special release for those users.  I've done the same for
features I've developed - _I_ support those special images, I'm only
willing to provide that supported them being created.  I imagine Ermal
feels the same way.  When we start rolling public 1.3 images (if you
can't wait, feel free to do a developers install and roll your own,
just don't expect any support on it), the larger group of developers
(and hopefully users) will be able to provide support.

Obviously it's Ermal who decides how to release his features. Although I
would like support new features, it's actually the lack of a wide user
base that keeps me away from special versions. As I see it, that is the
down side of this bounty system.
Rolling my own version wouldn't solve that.

As with all products, I fully recommend basing evaluations against
current released feature sets, not vapor-ware features (in the

Hm yes, you're right about that.

Jan