I'm not using that exact model, but I have two GS724Tv3 units in
production.  Hardware is decent - no dead ports so far (~10 months).  Mine
are the "web smart" type without a serial port or CLI, so configuring
VLANs is a royal pain in the ass.  Other than that, the software is
acceptable without being great in any way.
I have a good friend who resells that model (and the GS748 also) and he's
got about 12 of them in production at various customer sites.  In ~3
years, I think he's had to return 2 of them so far due to dead ports.  One
dead port is a (lifetime) warranty problem.

If you need to save money, Netgear seems to be OK.  But I'd still rather
have a ProCurve.

-Adam Thompson
 athom...@athompso.net