On 05/09/2016 05:19 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 05/07/2016 09:32 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:

I also checked pytoml at https://github.com/avakar/pytoml and it looks
like it's pretty stable; no changes in the past 5 months except to
support Python 3.5 and only 3 issues. And the format is simple enough
that if someone had to fork the code  like Nathaniel suggested or we did
it from scratch it wouldn't be a huge burden.

After further consideration, and pytoml's author's comment about the spec changing without a version increase, I think we might be better off rolling our own.

I like the general simplicity, and would stick with that, but I'd be a lot more comfortable if we had our spec that was more consistent.

If there is interest I'll write the PEP and the tool.

--
~Ethan~