Howdy,

How can a Python application discover at run-time where on the
filesystem its own ‘entry_points’ programs are available?

The Setuptools ‘entry_points’ are available at run-time to the
distribution, via the ‘pkg_resources’ API for entry points
<URL:https://setuptools.readthedocs.io/en/latest/pkg_resources.html#entry-points>.

I don't see there how to interrogate for which filesystem path to invoke
for a specific entry point's command.

How can I reliably ask ‘pkg_resources’ for “where is the entry point
named ‘foo’ installed?” such that I get a filesystem path of a command
to invoke?

--
 \         “Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics. You can |
  `\        leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.” |