How can a Python application discover at run-time where on the
filesystem its own ‘entry_points’ programs are available?

The Setuptools ‘entry_points’ are available at run-time to the
distribution, via the ‘pkg_resources’ API for entry points

I don't see there how to interrogate for which filesystem path to invoke
for a specific entry point's command.

How can I reliably ask ‘pkg_resources’ for “where is the entry point
named ‘foo’ installed?” such that I get a filesystem path of a command
to invoke?

 \         “Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics. You can |
  `\        leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.” |
_o__)                                 —Richard M. Stallman, 2002-07-26 |
Ben Finney

Distutils-SIG maillist  -