Thomas Kluyver <> writes:

> If the entry point looks like:
> foo=foomod:main
> Then you can invoke it in a subprocess by running:
> subprocess.Popen([sys.executable, '-c', 'import foomod; foomod.main()'])

That will invoke the program. I'll probably try that.

One disadvantage there is the process won't have an informative name;
instead of being named ‘/foo/bar/lipsum’, it will be named ‘python’
which is less useful.

> This avoids the need to work out where the 'foo' script has been
> installed to.

So, I'm still wanting to know from Setuptools itself at run time, what
filesystem path Setuptools installed the command to.

 \        “I took it easy today. I just pretty much layed around in my |
  `\        underwear all day. … Got kicked out of quite a few places, |
_o__)                              though.” —Bug-Eyed Earl, _Red Meat_ |
Ben Finney

Distutils-SIG maillist  -