On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 9:09 PM, Daniel Holth <dho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unrelated to pep 517, remind me whether when invoking setup.py build -b
> dir bdist, if the -b argument passed to the build command is supposed to
> affect the build command run as a subcommand of bdist? Asking for a friend
> 😸

"setup.py build -b {dirname} bdist" will first run the build command (and
its sub commands build_*) then invoke the bdist command.  When bdist
requests build to be executed, distutils will see that it is already run
and simply continue on.  Even if a reinit is requested (for build), the
supplied options will be applied again when the build command is finalized
prior to running.

--
Jeremy Kloth