On 21 April 2018 at 12:53, Wes Turner <wes.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:
[Donald wrote]
>> * It’s not always clear to users where a discussion should go, often times
>> they’ll come to one location and need to get redirected to another location.
>> If any discussion did happen in the incorrect location, it tends to need to
>> get restarted in the new location (and depending on the specific platform,
>> it may be impossible to actually redirect everyone over to the proper
>> location, so you again, end up fractured with the discussion happening in
>> two places).
>
> IDK how many times we've discussed upgrading mailman to add per message
> footer links to relayed messages. Google Groups has this feature on by
> default.

While it's only a small piece of the larger puzzle, I've finally
written to distutils-sig-owner about initiating an upgrade to MM3 for
the list. That's far from solving the fractured communications
problem, but it will at least give distutils-sig itself an integrated
web gateway.

I also filed https://github.com/pypa/packaging-problems/issues/141 to
note that it's currently really unclear who's actually handling the
list admin responsibilities for distutils-sig.