On Saturday, April 21, 2018, Wayne Werner <waynejwer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018, 9:54 PM Wes Turner <wes.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Friday, April 20, 2018, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
>>

>>> * A lot of the technology in this stack is particularly old, and lacks a
>>> lot of the modern day affordances that newer things have. An example is
>>> being able to edit a discussion post to fix typos that can hinder the
>>> ability of others to actually understand whats being talked about. In your
>>> typical mailing list or IRC there’s no mechanism by which you can edit an
>>> already sent message, so your only option is to either let the problem ride
>>> and hope it doesn’t trip up too many people, or send an additional message
>>> to correct the error. However these show up as additional, later messages
>>> which someone might not even see until they’ve already been thoroughly
>>> confused by the first message (since people tend to read email/IRC in a
>>> linear fashion).
>>

>> Issues, Pull Requests, Wikis, and Team Discussions are all editable.
>>

> Though one thing I've noticed is that a lot of issues get created and
> responded to via email clients that hide the existing message so someone
> will say "I agree" or worse, +1, and then there's 400 line of email. I
> don't know if GH has fixed the display on those things yet.
>
> FWIW.

There's now mobile reaction support; so you can click 'view on github' in
the email footer and thumbs up/down a message.

GitHub just added Hide and Edit comment options for maintainers:

https://blog.github.com/2018-04-18-new-tools-for-open-source-maintainers/#minimized-comments

Trimming replies is a lot of work on a mobile device:
- With a keyboard, shift-<down/right> selects complete lines

Generally, I try and follow up and clean up formatting and remove any email
signature footer after email-replying to add a comment to a GitHub issue.

There are mobile GitHub apps; though sometimes not replying until I have a
real keyboard is the better option... Far preferable to it.