It can be hard to predict where data went at runtime. Maybe we could record
its path in .dist-info during the install. I think it may also not be clear
how to put files into wheel's data directory from setup.py.

If we added more categories it would allow the installer to override e.g.
just the config directory rather than copying a Unix-like tree under data/
onto the install path.