dfred wrote:
> Newly registered forum user, but a very longtime Slim/Squeeze fan.  I
> still have my original open-back SliMP3!
>
> I'm posting because I also have apparently purchased one of these
> "Turnkey" SB3s on Ebay.  I've set up quite a few SBs over the years and
> I was baffled when this new one was behaving so oddly.  However I
> quickly noticed the strange 222 firmware rev and forced an update from
> my local LMS.
>
> After the firmware "downgrade" things seemed okay...  but digging into
> it further I ended up here, as several others have.   I almost
> exclusively use LMS, but this new unit may eventually be going to a
> family member and I'm concerned about any issues related to the fact it
> was originally a Turnkey device.
>
> Using firmware 137 I was able to associate the player with an MSB
> account and play Internet radio while connected via MSB.  Is this a
> sufficient test to verify the MAC address isn't blacklisted in some
> subtle way as others have experienced?  I still have a few days to
> return this device...
>

> (BTW, thanks to the devs and other participants here for all the years
> of enjoyment I've gotten out of these great products.)

with the firmware 137 installed and successfully playing radio from
mysb.com, it all seems to be working fine. I can't think of any other
test (or any subtle hidden problems that might happen later).

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify