Hi Angelo,

I've made a quick wireframe, see attached. It's available for public
editing at https://wireframe.cc/IBlaDw

A CMS sidebar can solve the issue of the toolbar occupying "too much"
screen real estate. It can easily collapse or slide out (as the toolbar did
in django CMS 2.4, by the way!), and users will feel alright. On large
desktop screens the default placement on the right (or left) comes natural
as most screens are much wider than high, nowadays. Containers inside the
sidebar can have accordions to accommodate several tools. And no toolbar
means 100% of vertical space remains available. The Admin panel can still
float in from the left if needed.

The toolbox offers all plugins (in a context sensitive way) to drag and
drop them onto the page. The structure below allows for ultimate control
and fine-tuning. With the toolbox and the structure view both available at
the same time there is no context-switching needed, no losing of context
happens while working on the page content. Of course, the sidebar could
optionally detach (into a separate window) or be rearranged or moved to one
of the other 3 edges of the browser window.

Peter

--
Message URL:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-cms-developers/topic-id/message-id