On 6/8/07, Noam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Let me improve my suggestion, so that it mostly solves James' concern
> and can be explained in one sentence:
>
> ---------
> Multiple blocks with the same name would be allowed, as long as all of
> them have the same content.
> ---------

I'm not sure I like that as it stands. In your example, you provide
content for both of the blocks, which clearly violates DRY, since (by
virtue of your new rule) they're always going to be identical. If a
template designer ever has to update one, they have to update both.

I'm still -0 on this, but I might be +0 (yeah, big change) if the rule
stated that in order to have multiple blocks with the same name, all
must be EMPTY. This would allow a child template to fill in multiple
blocks, while not giving template designers a reason to get confused
by duplicate content.

I'm still not sold on the idea as a whole though, it just seems like
any support for it would be quite a mess, whether for the
implementation or the users.

-Gul