On 7/9/07, Russell Keith-Magee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A fair number of the questions asked regularly on the users list could
> be avoided if the point was made that Django code is just Python code

I think a fair number of people start learning Python at the same time
the start learning Django.

This is not a bad thing!

Perhaps we should make the point that learning Python is a worthwhile
thing, and link them to the tutorial.  ... I haven't seen one web page
that explains exactly how sys.path and sys.modules get built up, but
that'd be good too.  Nearest I can find:

http://effbot.org/pyref/import.htm
http://effbot.org/zone/import-confusion.htm
http://www.python.org/doc/essays/packages.html
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-site.html

...Which is an awful lot to read in order to get going.  :-/