I thought you guys might appreciate some feedback from a total newbie.

I am trying to learn Django and Python and the same time, and greatly
appreciate the documentation available on Djangoproject and in the
Django Book. They are clearly one of Django's greatest strengths.

I have worked through the tutorials, and I must say that it is not
clear to me at all that I can build a website using Django and not use
'projects'. A newbie (like me) would ask: where would settings.py and
urls.py live? Without manage.py how could I launch the development
server, sync my database, etc.

I'm guessing that other newbies like me would also be confused when
the hear the core developers say that they don't use 'projects' when
developing with Django.

Also confusing, why include 'startapp' functionality in django-admin
and in manage.py? In fact, maybe I missed it in the tutorial, but I
didn't even know I could do 'django-admin startapp', but I guess it
does make sense.

I'm not asking for answers to the above questions, I'm just pointing
out that most newbies reading the official documentation would
probably have the same questions. I don't think all of the questions
would arise from a lack of Python knowledge.

Thanks again for all the hard work, and sorry for jumping in on this
discussion.