On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Simon Willison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've got code for this lying round which I'd be happy to donate if
> people agree this is the right approach.

I personally much prefer this approach. I've worked in a couple
communities where personal attacks were quite frequent, and a common
tactic was to claim a password was lost on someone else's account. It
didn't give them access to the account in question, but it would
adequately lock the person out if they happened to visit the site
prior to checking their email.

Of course, sites like that also tended to have password change forms
that accepted GET requests, and didn't have sufficient XSS protection.
As you can imagine, wackiness ensued.

-Gul