On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Jeff Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know Gary uses Bazaar, and
> I wouldn't be surprised to find that one of the other core devs uses
> something really exotic like Darcs.

Uhh, don't forget the mercurial users out there! I think there's even
somebody with SVK around.

> 2. SVN, however, is a sort of lowest common denominator of open source
> development; we can expect our users and developers to know and
> understand it. [...] but it's [git] about as simple to use as a 747. I'd
> rather
> spend my time helping contributors figure out Django than helping them
> figure out DVCS.

Agreed, the most you have to explain right now is how to run "svn
diff", i.e saying: "Run git diff from the branch you created to the
branch you have the upstream repo in" raises the barrier to
contribute. But I wouldn't compare it to a 747; Maybe crossing the
Ocean without compass neither GPS ;)

> -- I've been quite happy with the handful of developers whose git
> branches I'm tracking.

"quite" means you don't like commits like "Ups forgot that", "Argh,
missed that one" in remote branches? They're meaningfull! :)

--
http://www.marcfargas.com - will be finished someday.