On Sep 17, 7:09 am, "Don Spaulding" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Brian Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > $ python manage.py installmedia appname [appname ...]
>
> > The command is "dumb."......
>
> Could it be a little smarter, and in the absence of specific apps, iterate
> over all INSTALLED_APPS, and install their media automagically?

+1 for some sort of media.autodiscover().
It would have to be optional though, as that might break backwards-
compatibility.

Also, there's an issue about the way files are served. For example, in
my projects I make Apache serve 'admin_media' files independently.
What would be an approach to make that serving configuration happen
for custom apps?