On Sep 17, 8:49 am, Brian Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 16, 6:45 pm, Brian Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Serving is totally orthogonal -- everyone is already serving up
> > MEDIA_ROOT in their projects somehow anyway, and this just copies
> > files to MEDIA_ROOT.
>
> Sorry, I guess that's not totally true -- everyone who uses more than
> just the admin app has set up static file serving for MEDIA_ROOT.

I really like the idea. However, I think there should also be a way to
configure it to not copy to MEDIA_ROOT but to somewhere else.

It would also be good to get that deployment system play nicely with
custom file storage (if you're hosting your media on S3 for example).

Also, instead of just copying the media files, it should also do some
cleanup. Say, if you're tracking trunk for a given app, when you SVN
update that app you want stale media files to be removed.

Just some thoughts.