On Sep 22, 10:01 pm, Brian Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > -- What about third-party app forms that aren't SafeForms, but need to
> > > be?  The situation dictates this, not the form author.
> > I think we keep CSRF middleware around to deal with that. We also very
> > actively encourage third party apps to adopt SafeForm as soon as 1.1
> > is out.
>
> But still, the situation dictates the need for SafeForm, not the form
> author.  If this becomes best practice, essentially *every* form will
> need to be initialized with a request.

One thing that might help out in this case would be the ability to
create a SafeForm from a regular Form (which might be an argument for
csrf protection as a feature of django.forms.Form rather than a
subclass). If the third party code is well written (it follows the
class-based generic view idiom for example, providing a get_form()
method that can be over-ridden) it should be straight forward to
intercept the form it creates and upgrade it to a SafeForm.

You've reminded me of another problem with SafeForm: how does it
interact with ModelForms? Is there a SafeModelForm as well? What about
FormSets?

Cheers,

Simon