On Sep 22, 10:21 pm, "Jacob Kaplan-Moss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> This makes me think -- is it possible that CSRF protection at the form
> level is too low? Perhaps it's something that needs to be happening
> at, say, the view level? Some sort of decorator, and/or a tag to spit
> out the CSRF token in the template...

Interesting thought. It feels like the form is the right place for
this for a couple of reasons:

1. It involves adding an extra form field
2. When a CSRF check fails, it's polite to show a message. Form
validation is a good place for this.

The downside of doing it at the form level is the need to have access
to the request and (potentially) the response as well, for setting a
cookie.

Doing things at the view level (with a decorator) provides access to
both request and response objects, but doesn't provide access to form
fields or validation errors.

Maybe the answer is a combination of both - a form subclass and a
decorator on the view?

Will have to think about that.

Cheers,

Simon