On Sep 23, 10:17 pm, "Robert Coup" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> then when you get a form submission, base64-decode it, split at "/", check
> the hash matches by recalculating it, then use the proximity-to-timestamp
> and the remote_addr to check the form validity.

Anything that relies on remote_addr is flawed, because IP addresses
change all the time. I frequently load up a Google Groups thread on my
laptop, compose a reply on the train to work and submit it when I get
there - and since I've moved networks my IP address changes in between
that load balance traffic through different IP addresses, not to
mention IP addresses that are shared by many people (including a
potential attacker).

Cheers,

Simon