> I suppose I can log both a ticket and place it on djangosnippets.org.
> Thanks

This has come up a few times in #geodjango, and I've already written
an example on how to use Google's base layer in the admin.  I
distilled it to a few snippets:

http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/1144/

It's actually a simple example of how to customize the geographic
admin; I'm not sure about including it SVN.

> > [1]http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=55141&topic=10945

Thanks for finding this informative FAQ entry, I had not seen it
before.

Regards,
-Justin