Hi all,

I'm attempting to run pychecker on my django code (an application's
models.py file) and get the following output:

$ pychecker models.py
Processing models...
 Caught exception importing module models:
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/pychecker/checker.py",
line 619, in setupMainCode()
   File "models.py", line 538, in <module>()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/base.py",
line 51, in __new__()
 IndexError: list index out of range

Warnings...

models:1: NOT PROCESSED UNABLE TO IMPORT

My django version is '1.0.2 final'.

The IndexError happens on the final line of code extract below:

# Figure out the app_label by looking one level up.
# For 'django.contrib.sites.models', this would be 'sites'.
model_module = sys.modules[new_class.__module__]
kwargs = {"app_label": model_module.__name__.split('.')[-2]}

I added a 'print model_module.__name__' above this line and I get the
following output before the exception:
django.contrib.contenttypes.models
django.contrib.auth.models
django.contrib.auth.models
django.contrib.auth.models
django.contrib.auth.models
models

Not sure if the last models that triggers the exception is the models
file I ran pychecker on or another file? I have all my django env
variables set up correctly and can do runserver, dbshell ,etc.

Any ideas as to why pychecker on my models file would throw this
exception in the base django models file?

thanks,
ivan.