On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 4:05 AM, dan<danstad...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I think what the original question is asking is, can the definition of
> Parent have a "one-to-many" which points to Child?  At the database
> level there would be no difference: Child would still have the foreign
> key field.

Right, and what Russ is saying is that the way models are currently
loaded that would break unless you could absolutely guarantee that
Parent always loaded before Child (or is it the other way?). As there
is currently no way to make that guarantee, Django will not support
the option at all. However, if, at some point in the future the
ability to make that guarantee becomes available, then they will
reconsider this feature. Until then, the way to address this is by
improving Forms.

--
----