On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Russell Keith-Magee
<freakboy3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  4) Add a completely new shortcut:
>
> bikeshed(request, *args, **kwargs)
>
> which does exactly what render_to_response does, but instantiates a
> RequestContext. I've deliberately chosen a nonsense name - at the
> moment, deciding if this is the solution we want is more important
> than the actual name.
>
> Personally, I'd actually be in favour of (4). This is such a common
> use case - If we're going to do this, it makes sense that the shortcut
> really is short.

Me too.

I'd like this shortcut to be (similar to?) Simon's TemplateResponse
(http://code.google.com/p/django-openid/source/browse/trunk/django_openid/response.py).
I'm going to have to introduce something very much like this to get
class-based generic views done, so it makes sense to kill two birds
with one stone.

Jacob