What do we do with tickets like this?  Given that this has been ready for
commit since September, I emailed a reminder to the list in October, and
it's such a tiny request, I find it frustrating that this won't make it in
for 1.2.  Personally I have no motivation to maintain the patch going
forward and would rather see the ticket get marked as "wontfix" than be
pushed off indefinitely.  It is poor use of sprinters' time (and defeating,
both personally and to the project) to work on tickets that will never make
it in to trunk.

I'm hoping this will spark a discussion about how we can work more
efficiently and put donated time to better use.  I may be a bit biased,
because this is coming on the tail end of spending 2+ person hours trying to
reproduce a ticket in the PyCon sprint that, I later found out, two others
had done the same thing with a day earlier, but neither had indicated as
much in the ticket.

A couple ideas to get us started:

1) Reemphasize via documentation and/or training (and/or by reading this
message) the proper work flow for tickets (e.g., accept it when you start
working on it, post a comment when you're done, etc.):

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/#claiming-tickets

2) For each release, assign several people (I'd be happy to take a turn) the
task of searching through all outstanding tickets in the milestone in
question a couple weeks before the feature freeze and assigning
"committable" ones to specific committers.  Maybe this ticket is an outlier,
but I expect there are others out there that are also getting missed.  I'm
not sure if this means that the current way ticket triage is outlined to
work is just not happening, or if there are changes we need to make so that
it works more effectively:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/#ticket-triage

Cheers,
Tobias