On 05/26/2010 03:02 PM, Gustavo Narea wrote:
Among many other things, one of the components alone provides solutions to some
enterprise requirements for
Django<http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/c89e028a536514d3>:

  * It’s now possible to run code at startup time, in a straight-forward yet
extremely flexible fashion, which will also work on development servers if you
want it to – not only when deployed on a production server.
  * You can now stop using a Python module to store your application settings,
in order to use an intuitive and widely used
mechanism that scales up and scales down. It will just work and you won’t have
to update any other file in your application.
  * By providing full WSGI support in development mode, we are able to  work around
the differences in the process environment between django development server and
django hosted using
mod_wsgi<http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2010/03/improved-wsgi-script-for-use-with.html>
  * It’s finally possible to run WSGI middleware in development servers, the
same way you may do it on production servers.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Gustavo,

Could you please give a concise technical overview, in high-level terms, on what twod.wsgi actually does to Django code?

From the part that I quoted above I see that there are things that either don't have anything to do with WSGI (I'm fine with settings.py BTW) or don't explain anything (I didn't have problems with running Django under Paste along other WSGI apps).