> This would kill the ability to use __init__ to store anything on the
> instance, since it would only work for the first request, and so would
> enforce subclassing as the only means of customising behaviour. It would
> be more effective at dealing with thread safety concerns than a
> 'copy()', but breaking __init__() like that is fairly evil. I'm not sure
> if this is a serious suggestion or not...

if you remove the ability to set state in the constructor and rely
only in subclassing use __new__ instead of copy and all the thread
safety problems are solved.

Perhaps we could do something like that and provide a @classmethod in
View that easily subclasses a View with some default state, for
example:

views.py
MyView(View):
urls.py