Gabriel

You don't have to go to thesaurus.com with the intention of generating
a more formidable argument. I was merely offering my opinion. Playing
devil's advocate should be regarded as counter constructive. If I see
a man about to throw an egg at an otherwise clean wall, I don't need
to offer him an alternative weapon in order to tell him it's not a
good idea to throw eggs at clean walls. I take a more hueristic
approach to my suggestions. If something is obviously not 100% ideal,
will obviously lead to problems in the near future, and doesn't need
to be done right away (view functions work fine), why do it? Why not
wait until something that is obviously correct comes about? As the
wiki states, there are many implementations out there. With many more
something really right will come. Complaining about a passer by with
an opinion and suggesting that they "help" by writing code is much
like asking a guy who shouts, "Your back tire is flat." to fix your
tire or go away. Take advice or leave it. Don't complain when you get
it.