Hi,
we (the Django-nonrel developers) would like to work on official NoSQL
support for Django. We'd like to focus only on databases similar to
App Engine, MongoDB, and Cassandra 0.7+ with secondary indexes. Our
goal is not to support all native query features of key-value stores
like Redis.

I've all problems and required changes here:
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/NoSqlSupport

What we'd like to do is take Django-nonrel and clean it up (which also
means removing some of the modifications we did), so it's ready for a
merge into trunk. Why not start from Alex' branch? Practically all
modifications in Alex' branch are already implemented in Django-nonrel
(plus a few other changes).

In order to pull this off we'll need support from a Django core
developer. Ideally this would be someone with practical experience in
NoSQL databases and the Django ORM. Does any core developer have time
to help with this project?

Thanks!

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald

--
Django on App Engine, MongoDB, ...? Browser-side Python? It's open-source:
http://www.allbuttonspressed.com/