On May 7, 2:21 am, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a bad idea to me.  unique_together doesn't exist on a specific
> field precisely because it isn't an option for any specific fields, it's for
> a set of fields.  All the other options belond to specific fields.

I agree in principle, however I've recently come across a use case
where being able to *override* an individual field's options (in my
case 'unique') with a simple API from the Model's Meta options would
have been nice: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15953

I don't know enough about the ORM to predict if that sort of things
could have bad side effects. What do you think?

Julien