On 13-09-11 20:33, Tobias McNulty wrote:
    I love it when problems solve themselves :-)

That's a good point.  Are there *any* methods in the CBVs that don't
take arguments, that also modify data?  The only one that I found in the
list I'd initially proposed that can be called without arguments is
as_view(), and I'm not sure that really even needs protection.  Maybe
there's no need to protect anything with alters_data / proxying?

There's not really anything useful you can do with as_view in your template, should you attempt it. I also don't think you can do anything destructive with it.

So it sounds like we don't need the proxy. Good that you added it anyway as it helps us dig deeper into the problem :-) Luckily it seems we don't have to dig very deep.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/
rein...@vanrees.org             http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/