On 05/02/2012 10:09 AM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] wrote:
Apologies if this question has already been answered or seems silly but
- is there a reason Mercurial is needed?? Can contributors not just
switch to using git?

i.e. if we have deprecated SVN, then why isn't Mercurial also being
deprecated??

This isn't an issue where anyone has to dictate anything; there is no cost. If there are Django contributors who prefer Mercurial, and one of them is motivated to maintain a mirror repository, that's great.

(The same is equally true for Subversion, except that I don't know of anybody who prefers using it as a client, and mirroring in that direction is pretty hard/impossible).

Carl