On May 1, 5:39 pm, Carl Meyer <c...@oddbird.net> wrote:

> It's just a cron job and a local repo using hgsubversion; every five
> minutes it pulls the latest from Subversion and pushes it to Bitbucket.
> The repo and cron job are hosted on the djangoproject.com server. If you
> are able to get the conversion from git working and repeatable on a
> local repo, I think Jacob can probably get you hooked up to host it on
> djangoproject.com (which also has an ssh key with permission to push to
> bitbucket.org/django/django).
>
> The tricky bit will be making the switch to sourcing from git in a way
> that doesn't change all the historical commit hashes, making the new
> mirror repo merge-incompatible with the current mirror (and all clones
> of it). It's possible there will be no way to do that, in which case I
> guess a new incompatible mirror is still better than no mirror at all.

Okay, in case anyone cares, I've set up a local repo and have used hg-
git to pull Django's Github repo to it, and pushed out to a Mercurial
repo at

https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/django_mirror/

I've also set up a Git repo at

https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/django_reflected/

from the local Mercurial repo. On casual inspection, at least, all the
hashes look the same between the official Django repo and the
django_reflected repo.

There were no errors reported; it's rather slow pushing to a Git repo,
not sure why yet. I haven't set it up as a cron job, so it's not
actually a mirror yet, but some manual pulls and pushes to the remote
Mercurial repo worked fine.

I'll wait to hear back from Atlassian to see if they've set anything
up, before I do anything more.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip