Hi Ashraful,

First of all, thank you for contributing with your ideas for this project.
Your mockup is one of the most aesthetically pleasing so far IMHO but there
are some issues that need addressing before it could be replace the current
design.

Since the mockup to feedback ratio in this thread seems distant from 1 at
the moment, I wanted to contribute to the discussion, so please bear with
me.

I really like your overall use of whitespace, especially right at the top.
My first thought after seeing the design is that it doesn't feel cluttered,
and this is my biggest issue with the current layout. But the more I looked
into it, the more I noticed key areas are missing.

Russel has mentioned several times that djangoproject.com is not only for
developers. We need to "sell" the project to sponsors who provide publicity
and financial support, and managers who can foment adoption of our most
loved framework in design shops around the globe and corporate environments
seeking modern solutions to everyday challenges.

It could be argued that developers themselves don't need a "download"
button. Django is hosted on at least half a dozen platforms and the ways to
access these are also greatly diverse. I'm one of those who believe that
familiarity with python packages and VCS tools are paramount to the success
of Django developers, so pip and git are probably more relevant in today's
world than tarballs.

We also need to do address how Django relies on the community to prosper,
and anyone can contribute. Users can submit tickets, developers can patch
code, newbies can write docs and many more. This also needs to stand out in
the layout.

I like your use of silver and to be honest, it goes with green much better
than our current beige, whilst looking more professional, clean and modern.
I see no reason for keeping *everything* silver, however. Surely we could
include a dash of green in the middle and bottom section, don't you agree?

I also don't think the blog posts are layed out in a particularly elegant
way. There's no telling what the most recent post is, and laying them out
on a grid seems like a waste of valuable space. Perhaps you could split
that into a main area on the left and additional, less prominent info on
the right?

A lot of the previous mockups made great suggestions on addition content
that you could incorporate, like videocasts for example.

Last but not least, I don't get the logo. It's not that it doesn't look
good, but it simply doesn't fit Django. The framework is not in any way
related to chatting, so the speech bubble feels out of place. As for the
icons, they're somewhat random and fail to illustrate what the project is
about.

"The web framework for perfeccionists with deadlines" is a very abstract
concept. If we can't come up with a concrete drawing of that vision, we
should at least be inspired to design a conceptual and abstract piece that
resonates with the notions of "framework", "perfeccionism", and
"deadlines". Django's most admired strength is how it manages to solve the
trade off between robustness and complexity in a seemingly natural way, and
we should convey that.

Before getting back to work, take a look at the previous mockups and the
criticism that followed. There's a lot to be learned from what others did
well, and it might also help you avoid the same pitfalls.

Cheers,
André Terra

-- Sent from my phone, please excuse any typos. --