28.5.2012 15:35, Anssi Kääriäinen kirjoitti:
On May 28, 3:14 pm, Chris Northwood<cnorthw...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I believe PostGIS 2.0 isn't supported
yet:https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16455

I added some comments to that ticket.

I am going to hijack this thread, and ask what is the status of Oracle
and spatialite support? Anybody running tests on these backends?
spatialite seems a bit hard to install, and Oracle GIS functionality
seems to be available only in the commercial versions.

Oracle has two different GIS functionalities Locator and Spatial. Locator is available for free and is subset of Spatial functionality.

Stupid thing is that you get full Spatial installed and you just have to know which feature belongs to what version. Top of that features included in Locator varies between Oracle versions.

Most of the GeoDjango functionality works with Locator features - I don't recall but I think there was a ticket about features only in Spatial and those would be Documented.

Oracle tests are slow for some reason and personally I don't think I've run full suite of spatial tests on it ever. (Though I just use GeoDjango, not develop it actively)

I think in the long run the requirement for any DB backend to stay in
core must be that we have a way to run tests automatically on that
backend. When working with the ORM, running tests on all backends
manually is impossible, as it takes just too much time. Especially if
you add Py3 to the mix. Currently Oracle - both gis and standard - is
missing automatic testing, and spatialite is missing too. Anybody have
the know-how to set these up? Any chance of getting another machine
with Oracle installation?

Setting automated tests shouldn't be a problem - I think problem is that to actually to be able to test you would need real Oracle server - and that costs money.

--
Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done and a half done has been sufficient before...