Now. I'm going to preface this with being that I am totally nieve about
such things. Wouldn't it be nice if you could mark a release on PyPI as a
security release and Pip could just do security updates? Somewhat like a
few Linux distributions do.

Of course that's a long term goal. A mailing list is almost a given. For my
needs, something with and RSS feed would be great.