It's interesting this seems to work with 10g XE. I am not sure if this is
relevant, but I am using the Full Oracle Client with Administrative Tools
(as oppose to the Oracle Instant Client) and cx_Oracle for Python access to
the database. The error I felt was most problematic is that the SQL
statement has 4 opening parenthesis, and only 3 closing parenthesis. This
kind of statement work in Oracle 10g XE?