Hi,

aside from what Russell already pointed out, I would like to add a few
points:

* You list "Refactor for Expandability" as last on your schedule. I think
it should be at the start, eg compare different solutions like GAE, heroku,
Gondor, find a common subset and then write the backends accordingly. I
fear that if you do this the other way around you will have to throw away
most of the code for heroku/GAE and rewrite it.

* Regarding storage stuff, you say "I chose Google Cloud Storage according
to the networking speed and authorization flow will be easier than using
other storage service such as S3.". Personally I don't think it's wise to
choose the easier storage (network speed should be no concern here
anyways), your API should be able to allow to hook in the more complex
authorization flow too, what would be a better way to test your API than
using S3 :)

All in all this proposal imo tries to address way to much and focuses to
much on Google. It would be more useful to lay the groundwork for an API
instead. That said, did you get in contact with the project authors about
mentorship (eg are they interested and do have the time for it), I am
pretty sure none of the core devs uses django-deployer, so mentoring it
would be a bit suboptimal.

Regards,
Florian