On 15/05/13 19:36, ptone wrote:

> I wonder if a slightly more concise version of this should be added to
> the triaging docs instead of a wiki page (fine place to draft it though).
>
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/triaging-tickets/#closing-tickets
>
> I feel that the wiki pages aren't very discoverable, and unless we are
> talking about patching trac to include this, such a comment won't carry
> the official weight of being in the project docs.

That's a good idea. The purpose of this wiki page is to make it easy for
triagers to link to - I personally hate having to go and find the right
page in the docs, but I can remember to do "DevelopersMailingList"
instead of "developers mailing list".

> One line I do feel needs a tweak:
>
> "while the suggestion is good in theory, it lacks enough merit to exceed
> the cost it will add to the maintenance of Django"
>
> The truth is, there are some suggestions that are just flat out
> incompatible. I'm fine to be gracious and thankful for the time someone
> takes to offer a suggestion, but that doesn't mean that all suggestions
> are automatically meritorious.

I guess we would normally use INVALID for something that was just a bad
idea, whereas WONTFIX recognises there is a valid issue, but we're not
going to do anything about it. I've already removed reference to INVALID
on that page, but I'll tweak the text - feel free to make more changes.

Luke

--
"If something is hard, it's not worth doing." (Homer Simpson)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/