Just a simple case of what I was talking about earlier, here's something we
used to avoid having to pass datetime.datetime.now() to a lot of timestamp
filtering queries:

class Now(ExpressionNode):
    def __init__(self):
        super(Now, self).__init__(None, None, False)

    def evaluate(self, evaluator, qn, connection):
        return 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP', []

A little research shows this should work [almost] identically on all the
majors, and even Oracle and MS SQL.  The "almost" is become some will shift
the timestamp during a transaction, and others won't.

Now, how many other handy "SQL Standard" functions/expressions are there
that people would love to use?

--
Curtis