I feel like we open a can of worms if we go down this road. Where do we
draw the line between what we do and don't mention regarding *Python*
optimization? The Django docs don't need to layout the current state of the
Python ecosystem IMO. I don't doubt the info is helpful, but I don't think
Django's docs is the right place for it. There are many Python web
frameworks out there, should every framework mention this type of stuff in
their docs? It seems like a duplication of effort.

(summary of what I said in IRC)