On 09/20/2013 06:29 PM, Tom Evans wrote:
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Florian Apolloner
<f.apollo...@gmail.com> wrote:
It seems more sensible to hook something that has the lifetime of the
request to the request, rather than stick it in TLS, keyed to the
thread serving the request.

Jupp, sadly I don't see a sensible way around thread local storage here :(

All good points, I just have this mental "HMM" when I see TLS as the
solution for anything. TLS is already used for things like the
language code of the current request, which avoids you having to pass
around a state object or passing down lang_code all down the stack,
but means that things like URL reversing and resolving benchmarks are
slow (O(n²)) with USE_I18N on.

Huh? What is the n here? And why would passing the lang_code down the stack help?

 - Anssi